2012 Audi A7 Sportback Review
Audi A7 is among the few cars which are considered to be a complete luxury package. A pure essence of comfort is felt when one steps inside the cockpit of the Audi A7. The design concept of this car is the very essential element which makes this car special and distinct. The A7 carries the comfort of a saloon, sportier handling of a coupe and practicality of an avant. The newer launch of 2012 Audi A7 is becoming a boom and has helped company to give record sales in US for the month of April’11. The car is loaded with innovative features that move this A7 to a different level of recognition. It’s good to know the feature insights about this car.
- Night Vision: This is an optional feature and benefits the driver with a thermal camera that eases the frontal view by displaying the pedestrians and other moving objects in yellow color.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Besides the standard cruise control, the adaptive cruise enhances driving pleasure by maintaining the set distance from the vehicles ahead. If the distance reduces somehow, the vehicle automatically reduces the speed or applies brakes whichever it founds feasible. After the obstacle gets cleared, the vehicle again gets to the set speed by itself. This feature is optional while standard cruise is standard.
- Side Assist and Lane Assist: These systems ease the driver with safe lane changes by indicating through LEDs mounted in door mirrors.
- Adaptive Lights: These light swivel at the time of turnings and project a bigger focused light too providing the driver with wider view.
- Bang and Olufsen Sound Sytsem: Audi A7 is blessed with the sounds that will sooth the ears with its outstanding clarity and uniformity all over the car. The car blends 15 active speakers with dedicated amplifiers so that every speaker gives its best performance and clarity. It’s an optional system for additional £6,300.
- Seating Options: The seats in the 2012 A7 are perforated in Milano leather upholstery and are 8-way electrically adjustable. One can opt for massaging and ventilation features as desired.
- Memory Function: User can save settings for seats, steering and door mirrors that automatically get adjusted when activated.
2012 Audi A7 Sportback doesn’t have plenty of choices among engines but does possess engines that believe in performance. The entry level variant is 2.8L naturally aspirated gasoline engine that gives out 204hp of power enough to drag the little big A7. The next option is much powerful and most popular in US, the 3.0L TFSI QUATTRO which produces a whopping power of 300hp exploiting some real performance. In the diesel variants, there are 2 choices 3.0LTDI and 3.0L V-6 TDI producing 204ps and 245ps. The latter one 3.0L V6 TDI is the most popular in Europe for its clean performance and fuel economy too.
The feel of spaciousness and pure luxury comes to the mind while stepping inside the magical 2012 Audi A7. The quality of materials used in every smallest element of car makes this car a true special. A7 comes in two trims; SE and S line. The differences between both the trims are basically the looks and badges of S line. Moreover, one difference in functionality is of the lowered suspensions in the S line trim to achieve more direct contact with the road.
Some amenities that comprise A7 are:
- Audi Music Interface with USB and ipod support
- MMI interface with MMI Navigation
- Keyless Entry
- Electric and Heated seats
- Lumbar support
- Milano Leather upholstery
- Electronically controlled automatic air conditioning.
- Courtesy Lightening under door mirrors and door handles
- Interior ambient lightening through LED technology
- Sports Seats in S line trim
- 4-Spoke Multi Functional Steering Wheel in SE and 3 Spoke Multi Functional Steering Wheel in S line
The above were just a glance of the luxuries present inside the car. Stepping inside the car can only give the real feel of the 2012 Audi A7. The feel of spaciousness is enhanced by the panoramic glass sunroof which is an optional feature.
Exteriors are now even bolder steeped with the lines that give the side looks of A7 decent and sportier looks. The line is called tornado line which is stretched beautifully along the whole body. Sharp looking LED lights add a character to the styling factor. Audi has fed the car with rear spoiler that is well hidden and only shows up at speeds of more than 60mph. The rear tail lights also comprises of only LEDs that saves power as well as give brighter lights. The wide opening tailgate is a distinct feature of A7 among the whole series of cars which adds the character of a hatchback into the car. There is a set of collection of specially designed alloy wheels with 19” and 20” option. The car also possesses frameless doors which is aesthetically pleasing luxury feature. The new revamped 2012 Audi has more to feel rather than to say. Longer wider and close to road, it’s all superbly designed and can be titled as the best designed Audi.
- High quality interiors
- Advanced Electronics
- Largest cargo space among competitors
- Little less legroom at rear
- Numb Steering feel
With the naturally aspirated 2.8L FSI engine, the Audi A7 can be bought for £45,240 in the SE trim whereas the 3.0L TFSI model in SE trim costs £48,090. The same models cost approx £2,000 extra for S line trims. The diesel engines also cost around the same figures with slight up and downs.